Technical Terms

Technical Terms of Products


0-9 | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |


  • Welding - MIG method (or GMAW)

    Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) is commonly known as metal inert gas (MIG) welding. An electric arc forms between a consumable wire electrode and the base metal(s), which heats the base and parent metals, causing them to melt and join together.

  • Welding - TIG method (or GTAW)

    Tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding is an arc welding process that uses an external gas supply and a non-consumable tungsten electrode to produce the weld. Also called Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), which is the American Welding Society's official term. This process typically allows the operator greater control than other welding processes (such as MIG) and stronger welds, but is sometimes considered a slower and more complex technique. TIG welding is recommended for joining 4130 chrome moly materials.

  • Wiper

    This tool sits between the back of the bend die against the tube to create a very smooth transition between the tube and the bend die as the material wraps. Wipes are a must for tight radius bends.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe for notifications, updates and more!

Created with Sketch.